Transforming Managers to Leaders Masterclass
15-16 June 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
Kim has a diversified work experience having worked in various organizations ranging from audit firms, FMCGs, consulting firms, manufacturers, medical, financial industries with over 20 years of work experience. He started his career in an accounting firm and his last finance position was as the Senior Finance Manager. He then took on other roles. For instance, he has project lead Mesdaq listing exercise, ERP projects, process improvement initiatives (Kaizen) in many organizations. He has acted as change management consultant for an ERP project in a listed shipping company. He has also taken on the role of Executive Assistant to CEO in few organizations, acting on behalf of the CEO in special project initiatives, strategic implementations and leading in operational matters. 8 years ago, while being the Head of Human Resources in an FMCG firm that he found his passion in training. Since then, he has trained more than 6,000+ leaders with results. His participants range from Senior Management to young executives, Baby Boomers to young Gen-Ys. He relates well with all generations. His last position was in a financial industry as the Vice President.
Being a keen leaner, he has travelled around the world to learn form the best in the learning industry such as John Maxwell, Marshall Goldsmith, Jack Canfield, and others. He harnessed the best of teachings and curriculum to address clients needs and bring about results and change. His sessions are described as engaging, experiential, where participants are safe and free to share their issue. As a Certified facilitator and coach, he uses powerful questioning skills and active listening skills to draw upon solutions from the participants. In addition, he uses NLP techniques to influence change. His passion to bring value and changes in participants often lead to ripple effects of change.
Over the years he has conducted and designed customized courses for his corporate clients who are players in the field of manufacturing, medical, energy, education and service. To name some of the clients: Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd, GHL Systems Berhad, Astra Zeneca, HSL Energy Sdn Bhd, Celestica Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Thriven Global Bhd, Institute Aminuddin Baki, Northeast Medical Group Singapore, Medinex Medical Group Singapore, Singapore Pain Care Center, and others.
Kim’s popular courses include Building Multi Generation Synergy, Behavioural Interview Skills, High Impact Presentation Skills, Leader as Coach, Coaching & Mentoring, Group Coaching for High Performance Teams, 5 Language of Appreciation in the workplace, DISC for Leader, Employee Engagement for Leaders, Transformational Leadership , First Line Managers Essentials, Managing Effectively, Mindfulness for Leaders, Transforming Managers to Leaders Masterclass, Reengineering Yourself for Peak Performance, Effective Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Coaching & Mentoring, Science of Happiness, and Laws of Growth.
- John Maxwell Certified Coach & Trainer
- Marshall Goldsmith Executive Stakeholder Certified Coach
- Jack Canfield Success Principle Trainer/ Coach
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation
- Group Certified Coach, Karen Cappello LLC
- Certified Professional Coach, Corporate Coach Academy
- Certified Professional Trainer (CPT), IPMA (UK)
- Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA), Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), Singapore
- Cert IV in Training and Assessor (TAE 40110), Australia
- Certified Trainer, Human Resource Development of Malaysia (HRDF)
- DISC Trainer, Discert US
- Life Orientation (LIFO) US, Certified Trainer
- Science of Happiness Facilitator
- Certified 5 Language of Appreciation in the Workplace Facilitator
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner, American Board of NLP
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK
- MBA, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Transforming Managers to Leaders Masterclass:
The only thing which is constant today is CHANGE – so that a leader can no longer ignore any challenges that lie ahead. This means a demand for a high level of leadership skills which are reflected in such areas as motivation, vision and team building.
In this program, the participants will learn to develop their leadership skills which are central to the requirements of today’s environment for the success of the organization. This will in turn help to convert a company’s vision into reality.
Benefits of Attending:
At the end of the session, the participants should be able:
- To transform the current fixed mindset to growth mindset
- To raise the bar of leadership and challenge
- To apply learning mindset to grow as a leader
- Transformed positively in responding to ever changing environments
Module 1: Growth Leadership
- Understanding the need to raise leadership lid
- Differentiating fixed mind set vs. growth mindset and its implications
- Recognising Self-leadership precedence principle
- Determining the path from manager to leadership
Module 2: Crafting Leadership Roadmap
- Defining the best version of yourself
- Taking 100% responsibility for your life
- Identifying limiting mindset beliefs & comfort zone
- Understanding human drive
- Charting your own Leadership roadmap
Module 3: Empowerment Leadership
- Introduction to 5 levels of leadership empowerment and influence model
- Identifying qualifications of an empowered leader
- Developing connections and cooperative working relationships among teams
- Fostering collaboration by building climate of trust and relationship building
- Developing competence and confidence within team
Module 4: Relationship Leaders
- Understanding the dynamics of positive profile
- Building profile differentiators
- Developing relationship mapping strategies
- Learning ways to work better with people
- Learning to win ideas with people
Module 5: Situational Leaders
- Will vs Skill matrix
- Learning the art of delegation
- Harnessing motivation skills
- Learning the foundation of coaching skills
- Practising mindfulness
Module 6: Adaptable Leaders
- Recognizing transformation process
- Harnessing change experience learnings
- Understanding change cycle
- Developing adaptability and resilience skills
- Leading change as a leader
Module 7: Leadership Case Study & Action Plan
- Building leadership case study
- Developing leadership action plan
Who Should Attend?
Middle and Senior managers who have key responsibilities to manage and lead teams for results and performance.
Teaching sessions, action-learning activities, videos, case studies, group discussions, and role-plays.