Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance
12-13 February 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
25-26 February 2020, Doha – Qatar
10-11 March 2020, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
29-30 July 2020, Port Moresby – Papua New Guinea
About The Trainer:
Sekar Ponnan, is both a practitioner and an educator in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement. He holds an MBA (General Management) from University of Hull, UK, a Bachelors Degree (Hons) in Economics from University Malaya and an Advance Diploma in Logistics Management, UK from Chartered Institution of Logistics & Transport in Malaysia. He is also a chartered member of the Chartered Institution of Logistics & Transport Malaysia.
Mr. Sekar has a solid 20 year experience in the field of Logistics, Procurement & Supply Chain gained through his work stint in big conglomerates and Multi-National Companies at various levels ranging from junior level to Executive Committee level in the areas of manufacturing, logistics service providers, implementation of supply chain management, setting up 3PL logistics management and liaison with various authorities. He has also assisted clients to improve their supply chain management and develop the integrated logistics systems, stock level reduction, improve the purchasing and inventory management performance and enhance customer service standards. In his 20 years of service at corporate world, Mr. Sekar has also covered different geographical areas from local operations to regional scope covering whole of Asia. He has wide management exposure in different areas of business; having held key management positions in Logistics Operations, Inventory Management, Procurement and Supply Chain. Mr. Sekar also serves as consultant for GLG Asia (based in Singapore), Rakan Ikhlas Sdn Bhd and Generic Business Solutions Pvt Ltd (based in Ahmedabad, India) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement.
Besides his work, he also actively involved himself in teaching and training. As a PSMB certified trainer, Mr. Sekar has been a corporate trainer since 2010 and he has given lectures and has conducted in-house training programmes for the companies he served and external companies that are aware of his credentials and vast practical experience ranging from negotiation skills, contract management, sourcing skills & developing savings action plans, warehouse management, Fundamentals of Procurement, Fleet Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Process Reengineering, Developing comprehensive Standard Operating Procedure for Procurement, Logistics Management, Inventory Planning & Control and Transport & Distribution. He has the unique ability to connect with people and uses humor and creative teaching techniques in his workshop sessions. He adopts a practical approach and provides relevant applications in his session. He is also able to simplify the theories and relate them to real life examples to enhance the learning process.
Who Should Attend?
- Purchasing Managers,
- Executives, Officers, Asst Officers, Finance (Account Payable) & Users who has day to day dealings with suppliers.
Lectures, case studies, role-plays, group presentations, management games etc.
Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance:
With the knowledge and skills acquired at the end of the training programme, the trainees will be able to understand the importance & criteria used for selecting the right suppliers, the methods used for supplier performance evaluation, the role of Supply Positioning Model in managing the suppliers and developing supplier for long term mutual benefit in order for Companies to retain the competitive advantage
Module 1 – Supplier Management – The Basics
- Definition of Supplier Management
- The role & importance of supplier
- Supplier Management vs Supplier Relationship Management
- Sourcing Strategy & Strategic Sourcing
- Critical factors of choice in outsourcing decisions
- Approaches to SRM
- Vendor Management Process
- History & evolution of supplier management systems
Module 2 – Supplier Management
- Benefits of Supplier Management
- 10 Strategies in SRM
- Supplier Management Challenges
- How to be a valued Customer ?
- Dispute Management
Module 3 – Supplier Management Best Practices – Towards World Class SRM
- SRM Software
- How to evaluate a Vendor Management Software Solution
- How Vendor Management Software helps Companies work better
- Top features to weigh when considering a Vendor Management System
- Select the Right Partners
- Supplier Market Assessment & Identify Potential Suppliers
- Understanding supplier market & competitiveness
- Supplier Survey / RFI
- Finalizing Process – interview / demonstration etc
- What should you look for in a supplier ?
- Strategic Thinking – How many suppliers do you need ?
- Use of data & analytics
- Alignment with Stakeholders
- Supplier Segmentation – Utilizing the Supply Positioning Model
- The 4 steps of Supply Positioning Model explained
- Utilizing the Supply Positioning Model in SRM
- Action Plans
- Education & Training
- KPIs / Performance Management
- Importance of Supplier Performance Management
- Supply Performance – Why Manage ? – The Benefits of Supplier Performance Management
- Aligning Supplier Performance with Company Goals & Strategy
- Area of Focus
- Supplier Performance Evaluation Methods
- Structure of Evaluation
- Reviewing Assessment Data
- Implementing the Evaluation
- Risk Management
- Strategy & Governance
- Supplier Relationship Maturity Model
Module 4 – Supplier Development for Improved Performance
- The importance of Supplier Development
- Supplier Development Objectives
- Process Map for Supplier Development
- Types of Supplier Development Programs
- Stages in Supplier Development
- Falling Short – Reasons for Supplier Development Failures
- Supplier Specific Downsides
- Buyer Specific Downsides
- Buyer – Supplier Interface Downsides