Strategic Leadership & People Management
23-24 September 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
EUGENE TAN has been actively involved in various capacities of training and development for different organizations since 1993.
As a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer, he uses key concepts of NLP combined with Accelerated Learning principles for maximum effect during his sessions. With a keen understanding on the what, how and why of learning, his sessions are designed to maximize learning absorption and retention. Being a practical person, the ideas he advocates and shares are down to earth and readily applicable.
Eugene ensures that his sessions are always interactive, fun and never boring. His sessions seamlessly combine elements of high energy, high touch and high impact. When the situation requires, he will not hesitate to go high tech as well. In line with the key NLP concept, “All learning is state dependant”, he induces the optimum state of mind in the trainees to facilitate effortless transfer of knowledge.
He is a flexible and adaptable facilitator as evidenced by the numerous sessions that he has facilitated involving wide and diverse topics and situations – ranging from technical knowledge to soft skills, indoor to outdoor and instructor-led to participants centred.
Eugene specializes in the areas of leadership development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication skills and presentation skills. In addition, he is an approved and accredited trainer to conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) and Evaluation on Effectiveness of Training (EET) programmes for Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB).
With the accumulated years of up front training experience, he has facilitated or co-facilitated employees and associates from various MNCs, public sectors, universities and institutes of higher learning, large local organizations as well as small and medium industries and enterprises. He has also facilitated numerous sessions for schools and non-profit youth organizations.
He holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from University of Lincolnshire & Humberside (UK), Certificate in Learning & Development Practice, CIPD (UK) and the Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, Australia. Besides being fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia, he is also conversant in Mandarin, which allows him to truly interact and connect with his audiences.
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Master Trainer – Hypnotherapy
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Professional Speaker
- Directive Communication Psychology Certified Trainer
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Neuro-Semantics Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Coach
- Certified “Words that Change Minds” Language and Behavior Profile for Coaching Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Hypnotist
This session uses mainly an experiential learning approach with particular emphasis on reflection and realization. Lectures, group discussions, management games and other activities supplement and support the overall learning.
Strategic Leadership & People Management:
Leadership has often been linked with the process of influence. Strategic leadership consequently must then be the logical result of that influence on the organization’s long term success and viability. It’s been said that the main aim of strategic leadership is strategic productivity.
The ability to learn and adapt plus change when required becomes critically vital for sustainability. And organizations change when their people change first!
Being only humans, leaders cannot hope to learn fast enough and then do enough on their own to effectively define, shape and execute the organization’s direction. If leaders are to be successful, it is obvious they must rely on the people. This is where People Management fits in….
And all the preceding reinforces the notion that leaders need to focus on both the analytical as well as the human dimensions of strategy to lay the foundation for building winning organizations that can define, commit, adjust and adapt their strategy quickly as needed.
Benefits of Attending:
At the end of the training, the following should be achieved:
- Provide the definition of strategic leadership
- Explain the importance of influence in the context of leadership
- Use and embrace diversity and differences in human characters and personalities
- Discuss the roles that communication and motivation play in People Management
- Identify key approaches towards sustainable performance
- List down the pitfalls to avoid in Leadership and People Management situations
- Who am I?
- Maximize potential through personality profiling
- Relating with others towards interpersonal excellence
- What is leadership?
- Power and influence
- Leadership Styles
- Strategic Leadership
- Vision is strategic
- Voice is persuasive
- Results are tangible
- Levels of change
- Change Triangle
- Process of change
- Common resistance to change
Basics on Strategy
Leadership & Performance
- Linkage between leadership and performance
What is Performance?
- Importance of performance
- Expectations and setting performance goals
- Monitoring performance levels
- Improving performance
Putting knowledge into practice
- Action Plan
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for all personnel from all industries who are stuck in conventional approach, and who are keen to learn more about critical Leadership and People Management Skills.