Effective Purchasing Negotiations
25-26 March 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
Mr. Jude Selvaraj Joseph’s diverse background and versatility in training both youth and adult learners enables him to tap on an abundance of experiences in sharing, connecting and engaging with individuals.
He is an International Dynamic Speaker, Certified Corporate Trainer and Entrepreneur. He has acclaimed a lot of goodwill and accolades in the fields of education and corporate trainings both locally and internationally by his High Impact Sessions.
Jude belongs to the new era of trainers in excellence.
- Master Trainer in Learning & Development from the prestigious European International University, Paris;
- Accredited Trainer from ACM International Academy (AIA), UK for ISO 17024:2012 Professional Programs;
- Certified Trainer from Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), Malaysia;
- Certified Trainer (Associate) in Training and Development from the Cambridge Association of Managers, United Kingdom;
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Certified NLP Coach, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Malaysia (MCILT) and
- Member of the Institute of Quality Malaysia (IQM)
Jude has a double Masters in Business Administration (MBA). One from AsiaeUniversity, Malaysia majoring in Human Resource Management and the other from University of The West of Scotland, United Kingdom majoring in Logistics & Supply Chain Management. He is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) majoring in Human Resource Management and specializing in Emotional Intelligence. He also possesses wealth of experience in Administration, Human Resources, Hospitality, Logistics and Supply Chain (to name a few).
Over the last 25 years, Jude has worked with several organisations namely The Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (formerly known as Institute of Bankers, Malaysia), Perak Branch, Kolej Syuen, Ipoh and Scania – Southeast Asia, Shah Alam holding senior positions in the areas of education, coaching, training and development, hospitality, logistics, supply chain, warehousing etc. whilst pursuing his passion in training and development.
Today, Jude teaches and trains a wide range of areas both locally and overseas. Some of the countries he has covered include Bangkok, Brunei, Qatar, Papua New Guinea (to name a few).
Who Should Attend?
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors and all other company personnel who are involved in the purchasing negotiation process.
This program uses a variety of interactive training methods such as role playing, videos, team exercises, individual exercises, case studies, group discussions and questionnaires.
Effective Purchasing Negotiations:
This Effective Purchasing Negotiations Program has been specifically designed for any purchasing manager, procurement specialist or contract professional who is responsible for creating contracts or making purchases that maximize corporate objectives.
Effective Purchasing Negotiations course will equip participants with the skills and tools to successfully negotiate purchases and contracts and build life-long relationships with vendors or clients where both counterparts feel their needs and goals have been met.
Benefits of Attending:
Upon completion of this Effective Purchasing Negotiation programme, you will be able to:
- Build an efficient and effective purchasing function
- Communicate more effectively inside and outside of the organisation
- Understand your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Understand contract needs and eliminate contractual risks
- Plan and deliver a successful negotiation and negotiate with different cultures
- Have confidence in your ability to negotiate at all levels with all organisations
Module 1: Where is Purchasing Failing & Introduction to Negotiation
- Definition of Purchasing?
- Why is professional purchasing in decline?
- Is your organisation infected with the virus of purchasing failure?
- Should We Outsource the Process?
- Can we be Effective without being Efficient?
- The Importance of Reaching-out to the Internal Customer
- Purchasing Strategy – Where does your money go?
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Styles of Negotiation
- Uncertainty in Negotiation
- How the Supplier Evaluates You
Module 2: Are you a Good Negotiator & Understanding the Offer
- Knowing yourself – What you value, What you don’t?
- Who are you? – Myres Briggs Analysis
- The Mental Traps of Negotiation
- Importance of Social Skills
- Competency or Skill
- Analysis of Personal Competencies
- Competencies of the Negotiator
- The Importance of Market Research
- Globalisation & Supply Chain Risk
- Price / Cost / Value
- Pricing Mechanisms
- Price & Cost Validation
- Total Cost of Ownership
Module 3: The Essential Steps of the Negotiation Process
- Planning and preparation – best alternatives to succeed (BATNAs)
- Opening, proposing and negotiating for a win/win result
- Reaching agreement, review, and execution.
Module 4: Dealing with complex negotiations
- Sole source suppliers
- Single source suppliers
- Win/Win meets Win/Lose
- Win/Win meets Lose/Lose
- Backdoor buying tactics
- Controlling emotions during a negotiation
- Friends and relatives as suppliers
- Ethical behaviour and negotiation
Module 5: Preparing and conducting individual and team negotiations
- Practical role plays
- Playing the role of the buyer
- Playing the role of the supplier
- Playing the role of the evaluator
- Supplier strong points
- Buyer strong points
- Being aware of supplier hidden tactics and tricks
Module 6: Negotiation Case Studies & Role Plays
- Negotiation preparation
- Enhancing BATNAs
- Handling difficult negotiators
- Focusing on key issues
- Trading concessions
- Counter negotiation
Module 7: Negotiation Action Plan
- Evaluating your negotiation skills
- Personal action plan for successful negotiations