Procurement Strategy Development & Supply Management Techniques
23-24 March 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
Mr. Jude Selvaraj Joseph’s diverse background and versatility in training both youth and adult learners enables him to tap on an abundance of experiences in sharing, connecting and engaging with individuals.
He is an International Dynamic Speaker, Certified Corporate Trainer and Entrepreneur. He has acclaimed a lot of goodwill and accolades in the fields of education and corporate trainings both locally and internationally by his High Impact Sessions.
Jude belongs to the new era of trainers in excellence.
- Master Trainer in Learning & Development from the prestigious European International University, Paris;
- Accredited Trainer from ACM International Academy (AIA), UK for ISO 17024:2012 Professional Programs;
- Certified Trainer from Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), Malaysia;
- Certified Trainer (Associate) in Training and Development from the Cambridge Association of Managers, United Kingdom;
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Certified NLP Coach, Time Line Therapy Association & The American Board of NLP
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Malaysia (MCILT) and
- Member of the Institute of Quality Malaysia (IQM)
Jude has a double Masters in Business Administration (MBA). One from AsiaeUniversity, Malaysia majoring in Human Resource Management and the other from University of The West of Scotland, United Kingdom majoring in Logistics & Supply Chain Management. He is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) majoring in Human Resource Management and specializing in Emotional Intelligence. He also possesses wealth of experience in Administration, Human Resources, Hospitality, Logistics and Supply Chain (to name a few).
Over the last 25 years, Jude has worked with several organisations namely The Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (formerly known as Institute of Bankers, Malaysia), Perak Branch, Kolej Syuen, Ipoh and Scania – Southeast Asia, Shah Alam holding senior positions in the areas of education, coaching, training and development, hospitality, logistics, supply chain, warehousing etc. whilst pursuing his passion in training and development.
Today, Jude teaches and trains a wide range of areas both locally and overseas. Some of the countries he has covered include Bangkok, Brunei, Qatar, Papua New Guinea (to name a few).
Who Should Attend?
- Procurement Professionals
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Tender or Bidding Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Contracting Unit Supervisors
- Project Engineers and Project Managers
This program is interactive in nature. Learners will need to revisit and reflect on their existing practices and decide where to head from there. The trainer will journey using adult learning techniques to ensure that there is excellent comprehension and retention by applying case studies, role-play, group discussions etc.
Procurement Strategy Development & Supply Management Techniques:
Procurement Strategy Development & Supply Management Techniques program encompasses the knowledge and skills required to lead a procurement team to global performance. It focuses on the common “gaps” in procurement that must be bridged in order for the Purchasing & Procurement Team to provide the basics and continuous improvements needed for organizations to meet their strategic objectives.
Benefits of Attending:
Upon completion of Procurement Strategy Development & Supply Management Techniques program, you will be able to:
- Learn how to develop high performance purchasing organizations
- Develop strategic purchasing plans & discuss how to improve internal customer service
- Appreciate and see the analytics that guide procurement strategies
- Explore many ways of reporting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the most important competencies for purchasing personnel
Module 1: Introduction to Procurement
- Define the 5 Objectives of Procurement ➢ The Procurement Process Exposed
- Single Sourcing vs Multiple-Sourcing ➢ The Purchasing Cycle Time
- Types of Purchase
Module 2: Steps involved in Becoming World Class?
- What do World Class Procurement Departments do differently?
- Definition of Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
- What do we mean by ‘The Kraljic Matrix?’
- What are the Core Competencies in Procurement?
- Structuring a Solid Business Case
Module 3: Analysis & Evaluation of Your Own Operations
- How do we identify a Procurement Gap?
- Why is Benchmarking Analysis relevant?
- Revisiting Your Spend & Opportunity Analysis
- Procurement Department Strategic Plan – Understanding & Development
- Procurement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Supply Chain Management
Module 4: Journey of Continuous Improvement
- What are The Key Enablers of Procurement?
- Definition of Agile Procurement
- Supplier Pricing
- Managing Price
- Strategies for Cost Reduction
- Digitalisation in Procurement
Module 5: Vendor Development Program
- Effective Vendor Development Program (VDP)
- Vendor Qualification (VQ)
- Vendor Selection (VS)
- Vendor Evaluation (VE)
- Vendor Development (VD)
- Vendor Certification (VC)
- Listing of Supplier Sources
- Techniques and Procedures for locating and evaluating new suppliers
- Managing Procurement Risks
Module 6: Enhancing the Image of Procurement
- Sourcing Globally
- Market Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Staying relevant & up-to-date in the profession
Module 7: Basics in Contracts Management
- Signs of a well drafted contract: The simple and common rules;
- The language used in drafting: Will v Shall v Must;
- Identifying the relevant legal formalities for a binding contract;
- Structure and formation of a commercial contract;
- What are Boilerplate clauses and why are they important;
- The preliminary documents- using Heads of Terms effectively;
- Jargon and Vague words and expressions in commercial contracts;
- Overview of cross border contracts: Distribution v Joint venture v Agency agreements;
- Share Purchase Agreements: allocating risks between the buyer and seller;
- Troubleshooting: trace and correct errors in your contract.
Module 8: Powerful Ways to Get More for Your Money
- The ‘art’ of telling suppliers the price you want
- Save Purchasing Costs
- Use the computer to improve purchasing activities
- Enhancing your communication skills