NLP & Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
19-20 October 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
EUGENE TAN has been actively involved in various capacities of training and development for different organizations since 1993.
As a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer, he uses key concepts of NLP combined with Accelerated Learning principles for maximum effect during his sessions. With a keen understanding on the what, how and why of learning, his sessions are designed to maximize learning absorption and retention. Being a practical person, the ideas he advocates and shares are down to earth and readily applicable.
Eugene ensures that his sessions are always interactive, fun and never boring. His sessions seamlessly combine elements of high energy, high touch and high impact. When the situation requires, he will not hesitate to go high tech as well. In line with the key NLP concept, “All learning is state dependant”, he induces the optimum state of mind in the trainees to facilitate effortless transfer of knowledge.
He is a flexible and adaptable facilitator as evidenced by the numerous sessions that he has facilitated involving wide and diverse topics and situations – ranging from technical knowledge to soft skills, indoor to outdoor and instructor-led to participants centred.
Eugene specializes in the areas of leadership development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication skills and presentation skills. In addition, he is an approved and accredited trainer to conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) and Evaluation on Effectiveness of Training (EET) programmes for Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB).
With the accumulated years of up front training experience, he has facilitated or co-facilitated employees and associates from various MNCs, public sectors, universities and institutes of higher learning, large local organizations as well as small and medium industries and enterprises. He has also facilitated numerous sessions for schools and non-profit youth organizations.
He holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from University of Lincolnshire & Humberside (UK), Certificate in Learning & Development Practice, CIPD (UK) and the Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, Australia. Besides being fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia, he is also conversant in Mandarin, which allows him to truly interact and connect with his audiences.
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Master Trainer – Hypnotherapy
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Professional Speaker
- Directive Communication Psychology Certified Trainer
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Neuro-Semantics Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Coach
- Certified “Words that Change Minds” Language and Behavior Profile for Coaching Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Hypnotist
Who Should Attend?
This program is suitable for all management level staff who would like to improve their effectiveness in the area of emotional intelligence.
This session uses mainly an experiential learning approach with particular emphasis on reflection and realization. Lectures, group discussions and other activities supplement and support the overall learning.
NLP & Emotional Intelligence for Leaders:
Benefits of Attending:
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify the main component of leadership and people management
- Explain the basics of NLP & discuss the workings of our unconscious filters
- Manage, leverage and use the DDG in any leadership situation
- Utilize empowering NLP beliefs
- Practice common NLP techniques
- Recognize, identify, use & regulate their emotions
- Articulate the link between emotions and performance
- Utilize practical tools and insights in appropriate situations
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in leadership and management
Definition and brief history of NLP
- NLP in a nutshell
- Managing, leveraging and using the DDG
- The empowering beliefs of NLP
Useful NLP skills and techniques
- Building rapport
- Increasing sensory awareness
- Building well-formed outcomes
- Identifying levels of change needed
- Reframing for excellence
Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (EQ = Emotional Quotient)
- Emotions vs. Feelings
- 4 Foundations of Emotional Intelligence
The relationship of behavior, feelings and performance
- Other people’s behavior can affect our feelings
- Our feelings can influence our performance
- Performance can be enhanced through positive behaviors
- EQ though important, is not the only factor to high performance
The concept of BAR
- Understanding the BAR
- Working with the BAR
- Raising the BAR
Leadership made easy
- The main ingredients
- Roles & responsibilities
- Styles, approaches & best practices
Leadership for optimum performance
- The Leadership Ideal
- The judicious use of communication patterns
- Understanding and leveraging on human emotions & motivation
- Setting standards and monitoring performance
Destroying performance barriers
Maximizing our Interpersonal Relationships
- People are different – What, So what, Now what?
- Customizing to different individuals
Leadership & Management tidbits
- Leading self & others
- Breaking through the comfort zones
- Closing the knowing-doing gap