NLP for Impactful Communication
22-23 July 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
EUGENE TAN has been actively involved in various capacities of training and development for different organizations since 1993.
As a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer, he uses key concepts of NLP combined with Accelerated Learning principles for maximum effect during his sessions. With a keen understanding on the what, how and why of learning, his sessions are designed to maximize learning absorption and retention. Being a practical person, the ideas he advocates and shares are down to earth and readily applicable.
Eugene ensures that his sessions are always interactive, fun and never boring. His sessions seamlessly combine elements of high energy, high touch and high impact. When the situation requires, he will not hesitate to go high tech as well. In line with the key NLP concept, “All learning is state dependant”, he induces the optimum state of mind in the trainees to facilitate effortless transfer of knowledge.
He is a flexible and adaptable facilitator as evidenced by the numerous sessions that he has facilitated involving wide and diverse topics and situations – ranging from technical knowledge to soft skills, indoor to outdoor and instructor-led to participants centred.
Eugene specializes in the areas of leadership development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication skills and presentation skills. In addition, he is an approved and accredited trainer to conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) and Evaluation on Effectiveness of Training (EET) programmes for Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB).
With the accumulated years of up front training experience, he has facilitated or co-facilitated employees and associates from various MNCs, public sectors, universities and institutes of higher learning, large local organizations as well as small and medium industries and enterprises. He has also facilitated numerous sessions for schools and non-profit youth organizations.
He holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from University of Lincolnshire & Humberside (UK), Certificate in Learning & Development Practice, CIPD (UK) and the Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, Australia. Besides being fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia, he is also conversant in Mandarin, which allows him to truly interact and connect with his audiences.
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Master Trainer – Hypnotherapy
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Professional Speaker
- Directive Communication Psychology Certified Trainer
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Neuro-Semantics Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Coach
- Certified “Words that Change Minds” Language and Behavior Profile for Coaching Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Hypnotist
This program uses an experiential learning approach employing a combination of lectures, group discussions, reflections, demonstrations, practical hands-on activities and practice sessions to enhance the overall learning process.
NLP for Impactful Communication:
Communications is part and parcel of our daily life. At times we even take it for granted. However it is important to remember these 2 basic beliefs in communications, “What we get is what we communicate” and “You cannot NOT communicate”, to realize the impact of effective communications.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a way of thinking about how our world works. It is a study of excellence and how we can emulate it for ourselves. Underpinning NLP is a set of principles that guide our thinking and actions.
Specifically for this program, we will explore the workings of our minds and how verbal and non-verbal language patterns are used to represent and communicate our thoughts to the world at large. Many of our seemingly “normal” communications patterns can have a tremendously positive or negative impact on us. Ultimately we will explore how to create more impact in our communication patterns, firstly through conscious effort subsequently leading to unconscious internalization.
Benefits of Attending:
At the end of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Identify the different components of communication
- Explain the basics of NLP
- Discuss the workings of our unconscious filters
- Manage, leverage and use the DDG in any communication situation
- Choose and adopt beliefs that are most empowering
- Apply the rules / principles of success
- Improve and increase results from our Interpersonal Communication
- Build rapport easily and quickly for better interpersonal communication
- Use the technique of reframing for impactful results in communication
- Change their response positively to any situation
Review on communications
- The Process
- The Players
- The Types
- The Competencies
Neuro Linguistic Programming
Our unconscious filters – Ultimately determining how we interact with the world
Managing, leveraging and using the DDG in communication
Enhancing our Intrapersonal Communication
The empowering beliefs of NLP
The 4 rules for success
Maximizing our Interpersonal Communication
- People are different – What, So what, Now what?
- Customizing communication to different individuals
- Testing for response and acceptance
Magic of rapport
Framing for meaning
- Context reframe
- Meaning reframe
- 6 step reframe
Linking it all together