Managing The Learning & Development Function
19-20 April 2020, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
20-21 April 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
27-28 April 2020, Port Moresby Papua New Guinea
14-15 June 2020, Doha – Qatar
About The Trainer:
EUGENE TAN has been actively involved in various capacities of training and development for different organizations since 1993.
As a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer, he uses key concepts of NLP combined with Accelerated Learning principles for maximum effect during his sessions. With a keen understanding on the what, how and why of learning, his sessions are designed to maximize learning absorption and retention. Being a practical person, the ideas he advocates and shares are down to earth and readily applicable.
Eugene ensures that his sessions are always interactive, fun and never boring. His sessions seamlessly combine elements of high energy, high touch and high impact. When the situation requires, he will not hesitate to go high tech as well. In line with the key NLP concept, “All learning is state dependant”, he induces the optimum state of mind in the trainees to facilitate effortless transfer of knowledge.
He is a flexible and adaptable facilitator as evidenced by the numerous sessions that he has facilitated involving wide and diverse topics and situations – ranging from technical knowledge to soft skills, indoor to outdoor and instructor-led to participants centred.
Eugene specializes in the areas of leadership development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication skills and presentation skills. In addition, he is an approved and accredited trainer to conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) and Evaluation on Effectiveness of Training (EET) programmes for Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB).
With the accumulated years of up front training experience, he has facilitated or co-facilitated employees and associates from various MNCs, public sectors, universities and institutes of higher learning, large local organizations as well as small and medium industries and enterprises. He has also facilitated numerous sessions for schools and non-profit youth organizations.
He holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from University of Lincolnshire & Humberside (UK), Certificate in Learning & Development Practice, CIPD (UK) and the Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, Australia. Besides being fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia, he is also conversant in Mandarin, which allows him to truly interact and connect with his audiences.
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Master Trainer – Hypnotherapy
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Professional Speaker
- Directive Communication Psychology Certified Trainer
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Neuro-Semantics Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Coach
- Certified “Words that Change Minds” Language and Behavior Profile for Coaching Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Hypnotist
Managing The Learning & Development Function:
Learning & Development (L&D) is an important function within the wider arena of Human Resource Management. This is because proper and timely interventions have been proven time and again to smoothen and facilitate the organization’s journey towards its main objectives.
Many organizations subscribe to the often repeated mantra, “Our people are our most important asset”, alluding to the belief that people ultimately makes the difference. People can be turned into an appreciating asset rather than the more widely accepted depreciating version for most assets. L&D is the key to increasing the value of this asset over time within all organizations. Needless to say, the management of this function becomes critical if we are to harness the full potential.
This program seeks to highlight the important areas and key competencies to focus on and to navigate through the intricacies of the L&D function itself.
Benefits of Attending:
Upon completing the program, the participants should be able to:
- Explain the training cycle
- Describe the role of management in the context of L&D
- List down the key competencies required to be a successful L&D professional
- Use and implement the best practices in L&D
- Discuss the challenges in doing TNA
- Explain the key areas to focus on in Design & Development
- List down the various techniques to facilitate professional Delivery
- Use best practices when doing Evaluation
- What, Who & How
- Role of L&D within the Big Picture
- Training vs Leaning vs Development
- Pitfalls and potential obstacles to avoid
- Debunking the misconceptions
- Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes
- Adding value through L&D contributions
- PODC in the L&D context
- Key competencies for L&D specialists
- Setting standards & guidelines
- Managing and motivating L&D personnel
- Introduction to the concept
- Key challenges
- Major payoffs
- Definition & objectives
- Process & steps in TNA
- Training & non-training related issues
- Bridging the gaps through competencies
- Differentiating the must, should and could
- Determining the costs of intervention
- Ensuring effective transfer of learning
- Using cutting edge techniques
- Catering to different learning styles
- Various Models of evaluation
- Different Levels of evaluation
- Calculating ROI
- Putting it all together