Financial Analysis & Feasibility Study
LIVE and INTERACTIVE Online Training
4 SESSIONS OF 3.5 HOURS EACH (1 SESSION PER DAY)
Dates: 22-25 June 2020
10am-12:30pm Malaysian Time (GMT+8)
About The Trainer:
Daniel Feiman, MBA, CMC©, Consultant, Trainer, Author, Reviewer.
Mr. Feiman is the Founder and Managing Director of a consulting & training firm based in Redondo Beach, CA, USA. He consults in three areas: Strategy: Planning, Implementation & Succession; Finance: Modeling & Analysis; Process: Continuous Process Improvement.
Mr. Feiman is an internationally recognized leader in these areas; working with firms such as ADNOC (United Arab Emirates), American Management Association (AMA); Apple, ARAMCO (Saudi Arabia), California Institute of International Business & Economics, Credit Suisse, Hilton Hotels, Institute for Supply Management (ISM), Mattel, PEMEX (México), PDO, (Oman), Promigas (Colombia) Reliance (India), TRW, UEM (Malaysia) & the University of Manchester (UK) among others.
He has published whitepapers, articles, SlideShare presentations (27,000+ views), YouTube videos (6,000+ views) & books on these subjects. His 3rd book in the Build It Backwards series (THE Book on Business from A to Z: The 260 Answers You Need to Know), was nominated for a Thought Leader of the Year award by the AM&AA & selected as a Finalist for a Global eBook of the Year Award.
He is adjunct faculty at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Extension Department (since 1990) and was formerly The Visiting Professor in the University of Huddersfield’s (UK) Business School.
Mr. Feiman has over 18 years’ experience in all facets of both the traditional & nontraditional banking industry. He has been interviewed on various television and radio shows. He is also a reviewer for the New York Journal of Books (http://www.nyjournalofbooks.com/reviewer/daniel-s-feiman).
He has been awarded the CMC© designation by Institute of Management Consultants which is awarded to less than 1% of management consultants.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers with financial responsibility
- Financial analysts
- Project managers
- Budget analysts
- Vice presidents of finance
Financial Analysis & Feasibility Study:
Master financial analysis and keep your profit outlook right on the money. Build a solid case study to justify your decision.
This course covers both the range of financial analysis & feasibility study tools. Accurate analysis & feasibility validation is fundamental to solid strategy, growth, and overall success in business today. Understanding how to use financial indicators and benchmarks allows you to allocate resources and evaluate potential projects for maximum return-on-investment while reducing the risk of failure. This program takes the guesswork out of the process and enables you to build and interpret financial projections for projects.
If your job requires a firm grasp of financial situations, then this hands-on comprehensive workshop is for you. You’ll review proven analytical tools and develop a keen understanding of how and when to use them to improve your company’s profit picture by making sound business decisions.
Benefits of Attending:
At the end of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Analyze Financial Statements
- Apply Financial Analysis Methods and Tools to Measure Performance Against
- Internal and External Standards and Industry Benchmarks
- Make Sound Decisions Based on Accurate Assessments of Business
- Performance and Results through testing feasibility
- Ask Better Questions to Gain a Clearer Understanding of the Business and
- Focus Attention on Areas of Greatest Impact
- More Effectively Manage Value in the Business
Session 1: Financial Analysis
- Module 1: How to Measure Management Performance
- Balance sheet analysis—DuPont formula, ROI, ROA, ROE
- Evaluating profit margins, asset turnover (efficiency) and leverage
- Income statement analysis—Gross profit, Operating profit, EPS, ROS, etc.
- Past performance and project outcomes
- Benchmarking company performance
Module 2: How to Use Cash Flow Analysis
- Cash flow from Assets
- Ratios and metrics you can use
- Cash flow performance indicators—profitability, liquidity, and solvency
Session 2: Financial Analysis continued
Module 3: How to Interpret and Evaluate Financial Information
- Financial statement analysis
- Managing capital—debt and equity
- What a financial analyst looks for
Module 4: Discounted Cash Flow Analysis: The Keys
- The time value of money
- Discounted cash flow
- Internal rate of return (IRR) & (MIRR)
- Net present value (NPV) & (PI)
- Usage of Terminal Value
- How to use financial forecasting to make accurate evaluations of proposed projects
Session 3 – Feasibility studies
Module 1: Basic Concepts
- What is a Feasibility Study?
- Why do We Need a Feasibility Study?
- Understanding Basic Concept of Finance
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
Module 2: Market Research for Feasibility Studies
- Information Needed for Conducting a Feasibility Study
- Making assumptions vs. Market Research
- Primary and Secondary Research & Data
- Analyzing Collected Data
Session 4: Feasibility studies continued
Module 3: Real Estate Feasibility Study
- Cost and Income Projections
- Importance of P&L Statement
- Financing Real Estate Projects
- Feasibility Study for Mixed Use Development
- Understanding Risk
- What are the Risks and How to Quantify Them?
Module 4: Feasibility Study Modeling and Analysis
Module 3: Real Estate Feasibility Study
- Modeling Best Practice and Tips – designing an efficient layout
- Graphics and Presentation
- Various Business Types and Specific Modeling Issues
- Optimizing Product Mix and Pricing
- Modeling Financing Cash Flow