The Competent Manager
17-18 June 2020, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
About The Trainer:
EUGENE TAN has been actively involved in various capacities of training and development for different organizations since 1993.
As a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer, he uses key concepts of NLP combined with Accelerated Learning principles for maximum effect during his sessions. With a keen understanding on the what, how and why of learning, his sessions are designed to maximize learning absorption and retention. Being a practical person, the ideas he advocates and shares are down to earth and readily applicable.
Eugene ensures that his sessions are always interactive, fun and never boring. His sessions seamlessly combine elements of high energy, high touch and high impact. When the situation requires, he will not hesitate to go high tech as well. In line with the key NLP concept, “All learning is state dependant”, he induces the optimum state of mind in the trainees to facilitate effortless transfer of knowledge.
He is a flexible and adaptable facilitator as evidenced by the numerous sessions that he has facilitated involving wide and diverse topics and situations – ranging from technical knowledge to soft skills, indoor to outdoor and instructor-led to participants centred.
Eugene specializes in the areas of leadership development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication skills and presentation skills. In addition, he is an approved and accredited trainer to conduct Train the Trainer (TTT) and Evaluation on Effectiveness of Training (EET) programmes for Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB).
With the accumulated years of up front training experience, he has facilitated or co-facilitated employees and associates from various MNCs, public sectors, universities and institutes of higher learning, large local organizations as well as small and medium industries and enterprises. He has also facilitated numerous sessions for schools and non-profit youth organizations.
He holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from University of Lincolnshire & Humberside (UK), Certificate in Learning & Development Practice, CIPD (UK) and the Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, Australia. Besides being fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia, he is also conversant in Mandarin, which allows him to truly interact and connect with his audiences.
- Certified NLP Trainer
- Certified Master Trainer – Hypnotherapy
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Professional Speaker
- Directive Communication Psychology Certified Trainer
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Neuro-Semantics Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Coach
- Certified “Words that Change Minds” Language and Behavior Profile for Coaching Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Hypnotist
This program uses an experiential learning approach employing a combination of lectures, group discussions, reflections, demonstrations, practical hands-on activities and practice sessions to enhance the overall learning process.
The Competent Manager:
Management excellence is often the critical factor that determines success at work. The Competent Manager is one who is well equipped with the basics in management as well as additional skill-sets to cope with the ever increasing demands.
The journey towards competency is fraught with many challenges and requires strong will plus steely determination and discipline. Thankfully the rewards for achieving competency in people management are many and well worth the effort. There will always be a shortage of competent managers in the market; many have the technical competencies without the corresponding people skills. And if management is all about getting things done through and with other people, then people skills become indispensable to excellence at the workplace.
This program seeks to expose the participants to a broad base representation of additional skills and strategies for success in people management. The ultimate aim is for the participants to be better prepared in meeting specific business needs and objectives.
Benefits of Attending:
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the keys factors in managing relationships with others
- Creating rapport and trust
- Explain the concept of conflict
- Use appropriate conflict resolution strategies
- Define the concept of creativity
- Explain the difference between creativity & innovation
- Discuss the creative process, common misperceptions and barriers
- Define the nature of problems
- Identify the sources of problems
- Apply the tools to identify, analyze and prioritize problems
- Leverage on creativity in problem solving
- Understanding complexities
- Creating rapport
- Judgments & personal biases
Trust and Relationships
- 3 Functions of Trust
- Trust in professional relationships
- Building the pillars of trust
- Violations of trust
What is conflict?
- Types and ingredients of conflict
- Benefits & costs of conflict
- Common misconceptions about conflict
Conflict resolution strategies
- Conflict between others
- Conflict between yourself and others
- Team conflict
- Best practices to consider
- Relationship to innovation, change & paradigms
- Sources of creativity
- The 4 Ways of Creativity
- Common misperceptions
- Barriers to creativity
Problem solving & Decision making
- Definition of problems & decisions
- Approaches to problem solving
- Creative problem solving
- Decision making processes and approaches
- Decision making styles