Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance
26-27 June 2019, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance:
This programme covers one subset of Supply Chain philosophy and presents practical discussions on Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance.
Practical case studies that provide evidence of such benefits are delivered during the programme.
Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance component is designed to develop the key competencies necessary to efficiently manage and evaluate the suppliers’ growth, performance and optimize the relationship with buyers and other procurement stakeholders.
Participants will benefit from a powerful learning experience mixing practical information delivery with well-designed practical hands-on activities and study cases, whilst stimulating the interaction between participants and knowledge sharing.
Benefits of Attending Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance:
On completion of this practical course you should be able to:
- Efficiently manage the procurement activity area;
- Possess a thorough understanding of the supplier relationship dynamics;
- Develop and understand proper usage of supplier selection and evaluation tools;
- Understand team activities involved in procurement and strategic sourcing areas;
- Generate value for your business by applying a modern supplier performance management framework
The approach used is to provide participants with a ‘hands-on’, multi-faceted and challenging learning experience.
About The Trainer:
Jude Joseph is a Dynamic Speaker, Certified Corporate Trainer and Entrepreneur. He has acclaimed a lot of goodwill and accolades in the fields of education and corporate trainings by his High Impact Sessions.
Jude belongs to the new era of trainers in excellence. He is an Accredited Trainer from ACM International Academy (AIA), UK for ISO 17024:2012 Professional Programs, a Certified Trainer from Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), Malaysia and also a Certified Training and Development Manager (Associate) from the Cambridge Association of Managers, United Kingdom.
Jude holds a Master in Business Management (Human Resource Management) and a Degree in Business Management. He also possesses certificates and experience in Communication, Hospitality, Emotional Intelligence, Logistics and Supply Chain, Human Resource (to name a few).
Over the last 23 years, Jude has worked with several organisations namely The Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (formerly known as Institute of Bankers, Malaysia), Perak Branch, Kolej Syuen, Ipoh and Scania – Southeast Asia, Shah Alam holding senior positions in the areas of education, coaching, training and development, hospitality, logistics, supply chain, warehousing etc. whilst pursuing his passion in training and development.
Today, Jude teaches and trains a wide range of areas including management, communication, hospitality, travel and tourism, supply chain and logistics, human resource, emotional intelligence, purchasing and procurement etc. owing to his wide exposure in the various industries. These programmes are conducted by various training providers in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia.
Jude is appreciated for the positive energy and wealth of knowledge he brings to his programs. Owing to his down-to-earth approach, it is not surprising that participants (young or old) flock to him to share their experiences and to learn from him.
Continuous Improvement of Supplier Performance Course Modules:
Module 1: Comprehending Supplier PerformanceHow is purchasing viewed by other functions?
- Why is performance vital in managing suppliers;
- Understanding The Purchasing Life Cycle;
- Elements of performance architecture in suppliers’ management;
- The role of procurement in the organizational context – Stakeholders buy-in process.
Module 2: Criteria & Selection of Suppliers
- What is supplier selection process;
- What are supplier selection requirements and criteria development based on company competitive advantage;
- What are supplier selection methods and tools;
- What is a Proposal evaluation;
- What are the success factors involved in the supplier selection process;
Module 3: Supplier Relationship Design
- Exploring the key elements of purchasing – procurement – strategic sourcing;
- What is meant by strategic sourcing approach of suppliers;
- Supplier panel development and management;
- Supplier segmentation models;
Module 4: Contracting of Suppliers
- Exploring the various challenges in drafting contracts;
- Risk identification involved in the contracting process;
- Positioning strategies when negotiating with suppliers;
- Contract management: key tasks and responsibilities;
- The need to understand and implement the various steps to set up successful contracts;
Module 5: Performance through Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- SLA success factors (service and management);
- SLAs requirements setting;
- SLAs objectives;
- Building the SLA based on company competitive advantage;
Module 6: Sourcing KPIs to generate suppliers’ performance
- Definition and usability of KPIs;
- KPIs and metrics selection;
- KPI selection sources;
- KPI selection techniques;
- KPI target setting;
- KPI documentation as a key success factor;
Module 7: Monitoring Supplier Performance
- How to develop Scorecards and Dashboards;
- Data visualization best practices;
- Perfect Order Index and its impact over supplier performance;
Module 8: Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- The reasons for supplier performance management
- Challenges in SRM: cost of poor quality
- Collaborative approach in developing strategic partnerships
- SRM Governance
- Krause and Handfield Model of SRM
- Assessing the SRM maturity level of an organization
Module 9: Supplier Performance Evaluation
- Internal capability for managing supplier evaluation;
- Key aspects of supplier performance evaluation;
- Performance evaluation criteria development;
- Evaluation methods;
- Managing non-conformances;
- Supplier performance reviews
Module 10: Risks and Communication Management with Suppliers
- What is risk management;
- How is a risk analysis done;
- What are the key risk indicators;
- What is a risk management plan;
- Supplier communication framework;
Who Should Attend?
This training program is highly recommended to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone interested in supplier auditing
- Those seeking to improve supplier relations and performance
- Any individual wanting to learn or refresh knowledge of supplier management
- Supply Chain management professionals