19-20 June 2017, Manila – Philippines
People Management Skill for New Managers and Supervisors
People Management Skill for New Managers and Supervisors: A popular definition for management is that of getting things done through people. To achieve that, we need to employ tried, tested and proven tools and techniques. Obviously if we fail to ensure that the necessary and critical things are done and achieved, the end result would be the failure of the organization.
People Management requires a skills-set that may not come naturally to most people. However the good news is that they can be learned and practiced.
Before managing others, we have to first ask ourselves if we are able to effectively manage ourselves. Effective managers need to courageously adopt and adapt best practices to achieve the best results.
People Management Skill for New Managers and Supervisors program seeks to expose the participants to a broad base representation of skills and strategies for success in self and people management. The ultimate aim is for the participants to be better prepared in meeting specific business needs and objectives while fulfilling his / her role as a respected aspiring manager.
Benefits of Attending:
By the end of Strategic Leadership & People Management Skills training, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the functions of management
- Discuss the characteristics of an effective manager
- Differentiate between effectiveness & efficiency
- Explain the benefits of using personality profiling and different leadership styles
- Identify the key issues and best practices in managing people
- Use proven practices in self-management & developing positive work habits
- Articulate the importance of maintaining standards
- Describe the process of managing and resolving conflicts
- Embrace continuous learning and use inherent behavioural traits for interpersonal excellence to achieve consistent superior performance
- Encourage accountability and buy-in among staff